9/30/2007

Funnies...

You know, Andy really sounds like he has an excellent command of English. He has a huge vocabulary and talks all the time. Literally!

The past few days, however, I am really noticing that he is using words in situations he feels are appropriate and for the most part they are. Just because he is using words appropriate to the situation, however, is not meaning that he UNDERSTANDS them....

A few days ago, Aubri was crying because she did not want to go change her clothes to put on a bra and because she said her stomach hurt. She still has an enlarged spleen from her mono this summer and it makes her uncomfortable at times. Andy walked in and being the mimic that he is, he immediately started whining that he had a tummy ache too and that he NEEDED a bra! Yep.. he needed a bra, even when I asked him if he was sure that is what he needed. When I went and got him one of Aubri's, he changed his tune immediately!! Somehow I doubt he lives this one down with Aubri. It certainly stopped her tears and brought her to giggling quickly!! Maybe that is why he did it????

Today he met a friend of mine at Walmart. He has to always be the center of attention and kept interrupting us by telling my teacher friend that he knew her from college!! Where he heard that I have no idea!! Must have been on TV sometime when two people were talking. I don't know ANYone here from my college days!

He was also very indignant when my friend told him this morning that he had spilled jelly while buttering his toast. He replied very quickly, " I NEVER butter my TOES!".

'Never a dull moment around here!!!

0 responses: