5/19/2008

It is already Summer!!!!




WOW... we have been so busy! I still have mountains of paperwork to do and somehow the school year has come to a close before I could finish!! The kids are out of school tomorrow and I am reeling in shock.... This school year has sped by with not a minute of repose. Maybe the extra little busy body on top of the other little busy bodies in the house has helped it stay busy once I come home, and not given me a chance to catch up, but I wouldn't trade this breathless feeling for anything in the world!!

My dad had to help Evelyn stay safe and put her in a very nice care facility which she is finally adjusting to. It has been a very hard month or so for both of them, and for those of us who care about them, but there is some peace now in both of their minds and that is such a wonderful thing. Pop is absolutely worn out, but I think he is going to try to rest more and take better care of himself. We get to see him all the time now, which is absolutely wonderful and the kids are keeping him smiling and laughing when things get tough.

Sera is making gains by leaps and bounds and chattering up a storm all of the time. She is running and jumping and really enjoying being a kid! She is perfectly toilet trained now and is so proud of herself. She had regressed some and it was so amazing how she wanted to enjoy my baby for a while and then just resumed growing up! She is a total card and loves making everyone smile. She has a heart of gold and it shines through in every thing she does.

Andy has dreaded school ending, since he absolutely adores his teachers. Transitions are so difficult for him. He takes it as a loss and it brings up other losses for him. He is excited about summer, though, and will enjoy himself and be sad summer is over soon. He met all of his IEP goals and is so proud of himself! So am I!

Aubri is excited to be in a summer band and honors choir program, take swimming classes, help in my summer school classroom and of course have some down time too! She made a 4.0 this semester and I am very proud of her, especially since she wanted to put half of the money Grandpa and I gave her as a reward directly into the bank and the other half to help the families in China right now. I am so lucky to have such super kids!

We went to the neighborhood pool tonight for a quick dip in the pool. It was still kind of cold and Andy sat with me, but Sera and Aubri were brave souls! I am attaching a quick video clip and photo from my cell phone to share some of the pure glee in being at the pool brought to Sera.

I will try to do better in sharing photos and updates soon!!!

1 responses:

A Crystal Garden said...

I keep checking for a picture with A Crystal Garden bow. LOL... But I am enjoying the family pictures, still too cold to swim up here but soon!!