5/29/2008

The miracle of time! 6 months!!

As I get ready to complete Sera's 6 month post placement and I look back at where this little girl has been, it just makes me so proud of her!! She is truly an amazing little soul and I am so very blessed to have been granted permission to be her mommy! I truly cannot imagine life without her spicy little attitude and gleeful squeals! Looking at her makes my heart hurt so deeply for the Chapman family, how recently lost their precious little 5 yr old. I am enjoying every moment I possibly can

Just 6 months ago, she hated me and wanted to stay away from me and now I find myself having to distract her with things to get out of my lap so that I can get things done. She is such a little snuggle bunny now! It is as if she is trying to catch up on all the snuggles she missed out on....

We are getting her Vitamin D levels checked again and are hoping they are higher than the last time. She originally was at 7 and needed to be at 60 or above... She was at 36 two months ago and hopefully she is at 60 or above now!! Her surgery to repair her lip is supposed to happen this summer. I need to get back with Shriner's and double check. I haven't heard from them for about a month.

She is running and climbing and singing and talking up a storm! If her brother does it, so will she! There is never a quiet moment in our house, since Andy is a chatterbox and must always interrupt Aubri when she talks. Sera cannot stand to have any one talk with out her talking either and sometimes I do find myself wanting earplugs, but I am so happy to hear them all chattering away! Now if I could figure out a way to actually understand them all at the same time, or get them to wait and take turns it would be so much easier, but for now, I am happy to have the chatter going on!




Sera' at about 6-9 months, referral photos. I love her bright eyed, inquisitive look!


Sera at 2 yrs Update photos sent at the time she was give a dx of mental retardation and cerebral hemiplegia. She looks so lost.... I do not like this photo, but it is good to look at occasionally to remember how far she has come! I can only guess why she lost that bright eyed look. It could have been the rickets and the pain, lack of interaction with staff, malnutrition in general... who knows... I just wish it hadn't been that way, but then, I might not have ever had the chance for her to steal my heart and the joy of being able to parent her!


Sera at 2 . 5 yrs when she was taken to the IAAP foster home. Her vacant look just makes me cry to look at now. She must have been in great pain with her rickets , at that point. also, since she made no attempts to stand or walk then. They were so sweet to her, but she truly had no idea how to accept their affection yet, at that point.



Sera at almost 3.5years on her way back to Datong, October 1007, one month before we came to bring her home. She was talking, walking and quite demanding of her ayi to buy her the snack foods she saw everyone else eating! Her spunk was showing up more and more daily!


Sera at almost 4 yrs old!! Nothing is going to hold this child back! She has the most spunk I could ever have prayed for her to have! In this photo, she was so proud of herself for having slid down the pole ( with me holding on to her of course)! Just like GeGe did!


I cannot wait to see what the next 6 months bring!! She has truly blessed our family and everyone who has been able to get to know her!

4 responses:

Karrie said...

Marian,
So wonderful to meet you. Sera is absolutely stunning. I remember seeing her on IAAP's list and so hoping her momma would find her. Her story has unfolded to even a better place that I had prayed for. Her spirit just jumps out at you when she smiles!!! You are an amazing momma! Thank you so much for sharing your story with us. You, and your children, are such an inspiration. What wonderful people you are raising!
Best wishes!
Karrie in IN (popped in from the CHI waiting child list)

Anonymous said...

Oh, Marian! I love the pictoral summary. It just makes me teary. I am so thankful that IAAP intervened and Sera has her mommy, brother and sister. I can't imagine what might've happened if she had been with another agency who might've sent her file back with that bad updated medical report. God is good! Debra

Tammy said...

Sera is a true miracle and I am so honored to be able to watch her flourish!!




Tammy

Solomon Family said...

You did an awesome tribute to how far your precious Sera has come throughout her short life! What a blessing it is to watch her bloom surrounded by your nourishment and unconditional love!

Laura