10/17/2007

Sad news....


Seras SWI, or orphanage, insisted that she come back to Datong to be prepared to be adopted.... My poor baby was taken from the only people in her life who have seen her as special and worthy of attention and placed back into the place which ignored her and let her withdraw from the world to the extent that they labled her as mentally retarded....

A family was there today and took photos. She had just arrived there. She appeared to be very confused and afraid, BUT she did interact! She held the doll we sent her and kept it close to her. I am so glad that it is comforting her.

It is going to be a very long 3 weeks before I hold her... for both of us now!

7 responses:

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for Sera.
Melissa
leaving in 6 days to get Caleb at Datong

Ohilda said...

Oh, Marian. I am so sorry. I cannot wait to see beautiful Sera in your arms. Hang in there, my friend.

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Marian,
What unecessary agony for you both to endure. I hope that peace will fill you and beautiful Sera when you are forever united. I can barely keep up with myself right now but I will be following your journey closely.
Love,
Diane

Charlotte said...

Marian,

I know it is going to be hard, but when you get her all the hurt will go away ! I worry too, what they will do to my Rachael, she is in foster care too ! I pray they don't cut her hair too !
Sera is so beautiful !

Charlotte
www.rachaeljanew.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Oh, Marian. I am so sorry for poor Sera. At least she has the memory of the love and care she got at the foster home, and I hope that they at least reinforce the message that her Mommy is coming for her, so that she might have hope that she'll know that love again. Will you still be going to Datong?

Anonymous said...

Marian,
This is one of the things I really dislike about China adoptions. I feel so sad for Seras. I am sure that she is stronger now and I hope she will be fine. My thoughts are with you. Hang in there!!
Becky R
Topeka
LID 01/11/06

fivekidz said...

What were they thinking? she is prepared for you to adopt her... how frustrating for you . I hope that Zoe gets to stay at changchun but who knows. It makes me want to wait on setting up CA so if they do it will only be for a short time... still .. I am sure that she will be wonderful and back to her smiling self as soon as she sees you and Aubri. And remember she never ever has to leave you again... Peace Bonnie P
www.bringingzoehome.blogspot.com