1/10/2009

New Year, New habits.... I hope!

Well, making resolutions for the new year is a good thing. I really have not done many of them in the past, other than to lose weight :-)

This year, I decided to make a resolution to be different :-) I actually made some resolutions!

1. I want to be teaching my kids to help around the house more and to learn the value of money more... so my kids chore charts are now tied directly into their allowance and spending money. I made picture charts, paired with money allotments for the chores I expect them to do. I will pay them a quarter per big chore, and a quarter per week for the routine stuff, like keeping their socks together, clothes in the hamper, dogs fed etc.... I don't pay well at all, but it is money they will not have otherwise and added up it amounts to a bout 8 dollars a week for Aubri, five for Andy and three for Sera. Sera doesn't really understand the money concept and would happily accept pennies, but she is also very willing to put her money in her bank and will be grateful for it someday. Now I have to stick to checking off ther chores DAILY..... and getting MY chores done daily..... That will be the biggest feat!!

2. I want to get their memory books from their adoption trips and for Aubri's first year of life all put together digitally and bound.

3. I want to figure out a way to get my school work done in the time the district actually pays me to be working, rather than dragging it out longer and coming home more tired. I want to have energy left to devote more good time with my kids, rather than be dragging because I am so tired.

4. I want to have everyone drink more water and sleep more each night. I think that may help the grumpies that tend to plague Aubri and I in the morning as we get up.

5. I want to really try to push myself to actually accomplish the above 4, since the losing weight thing has just never come to pass.....

Now, I am writing this publicly, so maybe I will actually stick to it????

1 responses:

Unknown said...

those are great resolutions..Good luck!!!