6/27/2009

Sometimes I really do forget

just how much different my little Sera is now from when I first heard about her.

I just read a comment on FB from the man who saw Sera in China and hoped for a better future for her while he orchestrated her adoption from China. He noted how much change he was seeing in her photos from the child he saw in China, who was

"withdrawn and would not look at anyone, or do anything."


That is soooo NOT the child she has become!! I try not to wonder too much about what would have become of her if so many people had not helped me bring her home and give her a chance to blossom.... Once in a while though, I think it is OK, so that I can thank them again!! YOU know who you are and I so hope that you know what wonderful works you have done!!!

She is JOY in every aspect and has blessed us all immeasurably. 'No doubts that these blessings will continue to multiply and be shared with even more people as she grows up and her circles of friends increase and multiply as well.

Here is a photo page of the child he met (when she was 2 yrs 8 months yrs old.) I think that is when he was there... These were the first set of photos I received when she had just been placed in the foster home for a little over a month. She was still not even trying to learn to crawl or walk, not trying to talk, just quietly pulling away from the world as she knew it. Doctors did not believe she was hiding in there and thought she was most likely facing severe cognitive and physical disability. She knew better though!


Here is a video clip I took of her Saturday. ( 4 yrs 11 months old- less than one month until her first major facial repair!!) I was taking the video because she was just being a ham for no reason, just because she was happy :-) If I got the camera out more often I would have many more clips of her singing and dancing though her days. She really did not know I was videoing, her... she was oblivious in her enjoyment of tippy toeing through the store, which she had been doing out in the parking lot prior to coming in the store :-)



I need to be sneaky to get more video of her just talking and playing which she does almost every moment of the day... really, except when she is sleeping or angry at her sibilings :-) The joy and animation in her voice is really something a photo just cannot capture! The bad part is my other kids all try to jump in and making it just a goof fest... She is goofy and doesn't always know I have the camera on, but once they all get going, knowing they are on camera... WATCH OUT!! She is a character and has learned from true camera hams!!

If you would like to meet more sweet little people this man and his wife have been helping, please visit www.bringinghopetochildren.org and you will even see some of the nannies who helped Sera begin to learn escape her protective shell and learn to walk. You won't regret it. they even have a video cam to watch the babies in the foster center on Sunday evenings. Sera loves watching them and always prays for the Changchun babies. I think it plays on her heart, as it does mine and Aubri's, that there are more children there in similar circumstances as Sera once was, who desperately need our hopes and prayers. ( Andy may understand, but since his experiences have been so different, he relates China to his foster care and being treated like an emperor ) They do such wonderful things there in the foster home! Kids survive and THRIVE!!!! I have living proof telling me to get off the computer to go help her take a bath right now!

1 responses:

ourchinagirls said...

How cute!! It is so much fun to watch our kiddos when they are in their own little world enjoying themselves! I have the same problem here with trying to capture things like this on video. EVERYONE wants to see or get in on the action! I have almost stopped taking video because it is more of a hassle than it is worth!

~~Hugs~~
Christie