6/07/2009

Messing with perfection... Why? :-(



After a good friend suggested that I Ph*toshop Sera's face for her so that she could see what her surgery was going to do for her, I decided to try it. I really did not do it well, but it was the best approximation I could do. I used a smile from another sweetie who has had her lip repaired since I really do not know how Sera's lip will look. I am guessing it will be similar since they both have full little lips, but who knows.

I am glad that she suggested this because I am going to really have my work cut out for me, just getting myself to accept Sera's changes!! I love her little face like it is, gunky eyes and all... I know that her surgery is going to make her even more beautiful than I can imagine with photoshop, but I am so going to miss the sweet and spunky face she has now!

She will have her eye repaired by an occulopastic surgeon, once her facial clefting is worked on here the end of July. I had wanted to do this first, since we have had to wait so long to coordinate surgeons, but the occuloplastic surgeon wants to be last, so that they don't mess up his work... It will all be done by December and healed enough to hopefully look something like the above photo. Maybe??

I know that she will be so much happier when people do not do double takes upon meeting her, or stare openly at her. I just can't help feeling that part of her will be missing. The sweet and spunky little sloppy grin that kisses me each morning will be gone.... I have fallen so deeply in love with her and every aspect of her, that losing this special smile of hers is feeling very unfair to me right now. I really do believe and know that these surgeries are all in her best interest, but so wish that they were not necessary... To this old mom, she is just PERFECT, just the way her H*avenly F*ther created her!!

1 responses:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I couldn't agree more, she is as perfect as could be!!! And I do understand the surgeries have to be done. But I can SO understand the way you feel. She can't become any more beautiful, but she sure won't be less beautiful either. She will be perfect either way. Good luck to both of you with the surgeries! /Anna in Sweden