2/05/2008

Need a Smile?




My classroom at the end of the school day is never quiet.... I keep my friends two kids, a first grader and a second grader, along with my three until my friend gets off work to come pick her kids up. I always want to get work done then and it just never happens like I want. The kids come in and get their homework done and then their wiggles take over. No matter what I try to have planned for them, as a quiet activity, the noise rules.... :-) After being good and quiet all day, it just oozes out of them!

So this afternoon, I decided to hang it up and stop trying to get them to play quietly so I could attempt getting things done. I turned on some bouncy music and let them shake their stuff! It was much more fun than getting frustrated that they would not stop wrestling and screaming... :-)

Sera just loves music and will bounce and move to any music she hears. Her balance is so much better and she is walking quickly, but dancing to a beat has her still moving more like a toddler. She wants so badly to be able to move like the other kids do and will try almost anything they do. I took a video of just her dancing to share, since her little bounce just makes me smile, no matter how tired I am! I know someday she will be able to dance and move just like they do!

Uh oh.... Then what am I gonna do for a quiet minute!!? Ah well... smiling is much easier on my nerves :-) While these little people make me tired, for sure, they are definitely the best medicine for stress.




3 responses:

2China4Ayla said...

Oh my goodness that is pure T cuteness at it's fullest! She is just so full of joy that it is contagious!

Tammy said...

What a precious, precious baby girl. You can't help but smile watching her dance. :)




Tammy

Denna said...

She is so precious. She can really move with the music. That made me smile. Thanks for sharing.