11/27/2008

10 things

We have decided to each write 10 things we are thankful for this year and review it in years to come and possibly in tough times to come. We thought it would be fun to share them with you too and maybe you would like to share with us what you are grateful for this year!

Counting blessings is actually really more fun than opening boxes with colored paper!We had a lot of fun together trying to figure out how to limit things to 10!

Aubri
1.My home- because with out it we would not be safe from the weather.
2. My family- because I love them and they make me smile and they love me and take care of me.
3. Food- so that I don't starve
4. Education, because when I get older I will be able to get a good scholarship and a good job.
5. My dogs, because they help me learn responsibility and because they are cute and make me smile.
6. Books, because I like to read about other places and people.
7. Friends, because they make me happy when I see them.
8. Toys, because I laugh when I get to play and it is nice to laugh once in a while.
9. Singing is something I like to do and it makes me feel magical.
10. Art because it is one of my favorite things to do when I am bored.

Andy
1. I am a boy, because I am happy like I am.
2. Food because I can share with people who need to eat.
3. My Mom, because I love her and she loves me and she feeds me and give me neat clothes and reads to me.
4. My sisters, because I love them and they love me and play with me.
5. My dogs because I like to play with them.
BaoBao, because he likes to play with me.
6. My family, because I love them.
7. My grandpa, because I love him and he cooks good food for me and plays games with me.
8. My teachers, because them help me to learn.
9. My country, because you have to keep your country safe and clean.
10. My drawing, because I can draw nice.

Sera
1. Mommie- I am a mommie's girl
2. My sister- She play wtih me
3. My brother- He play lego with me
4. My Grandpa and Grandma- He feeds me food
5. Dora and Kai Lan- I like the TV
6. Dogs- They cute animals. They nice doggies.
7. Eating- I get hungry
8. Miss Jenn- She MY teacher
9. Friends- They play with me
10. My blocks- They fun to play with.

Mom
1.My faith in my Heavenly Father and his help in guiding me though many difficult times.
2. My dad- because he has been my rock for my entire life. He stood by me and has helped support me emotionally and far to often financially when things have been tough. He has given me my sense of values and I know that they are the most important things in this life, both for me and for those sweet little people I am blessed to be able to also share them with as they begin their lives.
3. My sweet Aubri because she has been such a good influence on my life. Her bright and cheery spirit and abilities to care for others, especially when I have also needed her help this year are absolutely priceless.
4. My wonderful and loving, busy little boy, Andy, because his unique way of seeing things in this world from a different perspective has really helped me broaden mine and learn to see the fun in many things I would have simply ignored.
5. My sweet, silly and sassy Sera, who makes me smile every day and be so gratefu for everything we have. She has a true gift of warming hearts and l love her so much.
6. My health, while it definitey has been better in the past, I am so thankful that I am able toget up each day, walk on my own, think clearly ( most of the time, when I am not too tired :-)) and hold a useful job.
I really am not kidding when I say that I am grateful for my messed up leg (s), even though it has annoyed me often and caused me more pain than I ever want to admit, it has also taught me humility and patience which come in very handy on a day to day basis.
7. My job, because while it is definitely not the high paying job I might have held if I had taken a different road many years ago, it is very meaningful to me and has very little risk of disappearing and leaving my family without income.
8. My friends, who keep me honest, keep me smiling, listen to my gripes and shove me in directions I need to go.
9. My home, while messy and not the show place I would like it to be right now, it is very comfortable and keeps my children safe, healthy and happy ( due to all the toys scattered everywhere!) I also love my Amish heater which keeps us so toasty warm at night!
10. My dogs, who have kept me company in the past when I was lonely and who now ease my nerves after a long day of noise and kids :-)


Thanksgiving day photos to come later!

0 responses: