11/01/2008

We are finally part of the Wii generation!











Grandpa and I had promised Aubri and Andy a Wii for their birthdays last January and they have patiently waited almost 10 months for me to find it in a price range we could swallow. We had put aside the money for it, so that I couldn't use the excuse that I couldn't buy it when we found it, which is a good thing since money has been so very tight due to my being off work with this knee replacement. I had truly been searching all this time. Finally today we found it!!! And is was in my price range!!! Aubri was so excited that she was literally bright red and jumping up and down for almost 30 minutes, before she started breathing easier as she realized we really did have it and she was going to get to play it! She has played it at some of her friends homes and has truly been such a trooper waiting for me to find it for her. I am definitely not a fan of buying games or even systems new, kind of like new cars, and absolute despise the inflated prices for buying something everyone wants.... We truly lucked out today!



The used game shop in town also had 2 of the games she and Andy had wanted and now they have something to put on their lists for Santa! We are using the poem of " Something you want, something you need, something to play with and something to read" for their Santa gifts and 2 will fit a game category :-) Today they got Nights and Mario Galaxy, which are both able to be played as 2 player. Sera is very interested in it and maybe a Princess game will be on her Santa list.. She is loving wathing Aubri try to learn to play Nights right now. We will see :-) I know Aubri wants Cooking Mama, Animal Crosing, Harvest Moon and some game that you sing and dance with. If I have to buy them new, she is going to have to make a choice of one! Geez ,these Wii games are really pricey!! Andy doesn't know yet what he wants, but I have no fears that he will soon! I need to get him deciding so that I can put in a wish list at the used game shop. Good thing their birthdays are coming soon after Christmas and they can get a game then too.


I guess I will not be watching much TV in the future, but that really may be a very good thing! they won't be wanting to either!




0 responses: