5/26/2009

Construction errors

You know, my grandma always told me that the best way to learn is from your mistakes. I was a timid and shy kid and was so often afraid to try new things, thus never learning how to do them well.... It was bad! My mom never wanted me in the kitchen and never taught me to cook. My grandma would try when I visited her, and I was always afraid I would ruin something. I never learned how to cook much of anything, except Grandma's recipes, as a result, until I had left home. This spilled over into so many areas of my life. Now that I am old ( especially in the eyes of my kids) I can see the error of my ways and really try to get my kids to be braver than I was. Thankfully they are!!

Aubri made cookies yesterday and is making dinner tonight from a cookbook our friend Kathy gave us with easy to make meals for families on a budget. Right up our alley!!!

In any case, I apologize for all the weird things you may see on the blog for a while. I see all these neat blogs and have wished that I knew how to set them up. I cannot afford to have any of the professional blog designers help me right now, since pennies are tight, so I am going to just have to learn how to do it myself! I am currently trying to be brave and actually learn how to format a template in HTML without copying and pasting everything and not having a clue what I am pasting and where it needs to go.... So I am learning a lot while I screw up this template. I am just using digital kits I have for scrapping for the kids and I cannot decide on what I like, and when I do, I can't seem to figure out how to put it on the page...

If any of you have any ideas on what I should try to do here, or not try for that matter, I am game!! It may take a while for me to figure it out though!!

1 responses:

Unknown said...

I love your blog! I don't care about the fancy designs, etc., I just love to see how your family is growing. The kids are so beautiful and you are definitely one great Mom! I am thrilled to be able to see Sera bloom in ways that no one thought possible (except maybe you and me and possibly a few others). I am grateful that you are allowing me to follow your family. I know you know what it's like to care for a child from afar and wonder how that child is doing. Your family is a testimony to God's great blessings and grace. He did a great thing when he gave you your children! Debra