5/24/2009

A graduation, a concert and another graduation!!!


My Aubri graduated 5th grade with a Presidential Award for Academic Excellence. I am so proud of her!! She was so beautiful and I felt so blessed to be her mom! I had to present awards to some of my students, but I got to sit back down to be her mom in the audience. The photos aren't so good, but my memories certainly are vivid. My baby has grown so much and it truly will only be a breathtaking moment before I am attending her highschool graduation. I want to enjoy each and every second with her. She is such a wonderful, sweet and charming girl!

Sera graduated Preschool with all the spunk and rhythm of a truly in tune new Kindergarten student! :-) She was a total ham on the stage. She has changed so much in the time she has been home that it is almost unbelieveable. Shy would not be a good descriptor for her at all now! She is the life of the party!!! She was not misbehaved, just very outgoing and very spunky while participating in the dances and songs the kids sang for the program. She had many people laughing at her antics and she loved every second!!It is a good thing she was so cute, because the ceremony drove me nuts.... No one would be quiet or even stay seated!! I took a video of Sera dancing and finally gave up after discovering that it looked like I was drunk while taking it. People kept standing up behind me and knocking me forward. I had to stand to take it because the people in front of me would not sit down.... The noise was horrendous and left all of us with a horrible headache. It is truly scary how few people seem to be able to be respectful of others in situations like this...... Manners seem to be non existant. I so wanted the director to tell the other parents to try to behave, since their kids were behaving better than they were..... But no matter what chaos was going on around her, my little star was a cute as can be as she moved on to the next educational step in her life! She was absolutely thrilled and her enthusiasm was contagious! She had new sparkly Princess shoes on her feet and she couldn't have been more proud of any thing. She danced and twirled to show them off all night while telling everyone in earshot that she is going to KINDERGARTEN!



Sera's graduation was on the same night as Aubri's band concert, so we flew from her noisy graduation to Aubri's concert and caught the last song! Grandpa had gone with her, thankfully, since I could not be in two places at once. She did and excellent job and will be doing summer band again as well as honor choir. She really enjoys music :-)


Andy was also excited to be moving from Kindergarten to first grade. Poor kid did not understand why there was not a progam for that, but he was a very super brother and really congratulated his sisters!
Crazy video below... I promise I was not drunk!!! I was tired, but I really was not that tired either!!! Sera was quite the bouncy little dancer though, so it is worth posting even though it may make you a bit dizzy.... Sorry!!!! I will also bet that it will make you smile, though!

The noise is overwhelming in the auditorium and you can hear it in the video.... You may want to watch it with no volume. If not, remember to tun off the music on the upper left of the page by clicking on the pause. It looks like this - II :-)

0 responses: