3/13/2008

She can SKATE!!

Who would have guessed that the little girl who stumbled and fell while toddling across the lobby of the hotel at least 2x ,if not more, and refused to walk down a hotel hall without sitting down to rest would be skating around a skating rink just four months later!! Now, the skates were FP skates, but they still rolled and she still stayed up on them ( most of the time)!!

The funniest part of the whole thing was that whenever Aubri or Andy fell, she copied them perfectly!! She not only wants to do what they do, she is doing it! I sat there with tears streaming down my face watching her go! Everyone thought she was so precious. I knew that she was one tough little cookie! Every time she fell, she laughed and got right back up! ( Just like Andy)

Her gumption and willingness to try anything paired with her huge desire to imitate and do what everyone else is doing is something I will definitely need to be careful about when exposing her to potential role models, but, geez... This little one will never cease to amaze me and no doubt will do what ever she puts her mind to doing!

I would have loved to have the CCAA folks and the "brilliant" Dr. who labeled her so ridiculously be able to see her out there doing the Hokey Pokey, the Macarena and the Chicken Dance and shaking her stuff while on SKATES!! Nothing's gonna hold her back now!

I only had my phone with me so the video isn't the best, but Sera is the tiniest one out there, and her baby sitter's daughter is the taller girl skating by her.

2 responses:

Sabrina said...

Oh Marian, Sera looks great. I found myself holding my breath watching her move along. Lavender loves watching her skate in this little video. And I think your right if those Doctors could see her now they'd know they'd made a big mistake.

Sabrina, Lavenders Mommy

Anonymous said...

Hi, Marian!

I wonder, though, if the doctors who labeled Sera as mentally retarded and gave her the worst prognosis were doing that so that potential adopters would be prepared for a severely impaired child. My thought is that if someone is prepared for the worst and they get a child who isn't quite as bad, then they are less likely to disrupt. And, of course, had Sera stayed in her original SWI and didn't receive any love and nurturing, she would have become what her labels said she was. Does that make sense? Anyway, that doctor will never know how she's developed probably, but the CCAA will! I'm so happy for you guys. Debra Hearington