8/30/2008

When oh when???








People have been often asking me when Sera's lip will finally be repaired..... I wonder myself! She had the new CAT scan requested by Shriner's done and the CD fed Exed back to them last week and we are just waiting to hear a date. The OR is closed for November and December and they did promise me that they will try to get it done in September or October, so that her speech can progress. They were actually more concerned about the soft palate than the lip, and have not yet sent me the team report telling me which they are repairing first.

I am honestly hoping that the nurse practitioner was right in guessing the first part of October, since I am really not too steady on my feet yet. Learning to walk with a foot with no feeling in it on a new knee with no knee cap has tested my abilities to compensate. I am finally figuring out when to push it and when to ice it, so there is progress, but I want to be steady enough to be able to help my baby and carry her when she is hurting! Thankfully her big sister is ready and willing to share her arms, but I am really working hard to make sure that mine are not always used to stabilize me !

I promise that I will post something as soon as I know!

In the mean time, we are hanging out and trying to enjoy every moment we can. The kids love school. Andy loves gymnastics too! This past week they had a school skating party and they all love to skate for 2 hours and go home to fall into bed. They come with me to PT often after school, and seem to even enjoy all the hoopla there, especially watching mom wince and grimace :-) The park and pool call to them daily, to boot, so they definitely are not bored at all :-)

0 responses: