8/31/2008

Who is afraid of the big scary dinosaur?


NOT Sera!!

It was a nice day and we wanted to be out having fun, but my leg was so swollen that standing and sitting without my leg up was not an option, so the movies became a great choice! I had a coupon I had been keeping for a special time to use it and decided that this was the time!

All of us loved the Journey to the Center of the Earth. Amazingly, so did Sera! The 3D effects were really a lot of fun and the movie moved at such a pace that it kept even my Andy tuned in. There is a piece where the huge T Rex chases the characters and it appears as if the dinosaur is actually going to eat the audience as well. The roar in surround sound paired with the visuals really was quite grabbing, and Andy and Aubri huddled together. Sera got up to come to me and I really expected to be cuddling her and covering her eyes. NOPE!!!

My little one stood in front of me a raised her arms and growled right back at the dinosaur!!!!! She was very insistent that the dino BACK OFF! I had to laugh and hug her, so you can imagine the roars that have been heard since, in the car coming home and around the house from all my baby dinos!

'Truly a good family time event!

Today, we are heading out to the bark park, with cold drinks and balls to chase. I am bringing my own lounger and it will even be free fun! They have really improved the park, I hear and The kids are psyched to have some fun with their four legged friends. I will post photos later.

We are so blessed to be able to laugh and enjoy our life, no matter what obstacles ( like a floppy leg, or short traveling/entertainment funds) get in the way!

We hope you are all also able to find some enjoyable things to do and laugh and enjoy this three day weekend!

1 responses:

Unknown said...

Sera is hilarious!