8/27/2008

See Ya Mom!


Sera started preschool! We had thought that she would attend a special preschool across town, but miraculously, a special ed preschool was added to the school I teach in, where Aubri and Andy both also attend. Sera came to my school everyday after school last year, so she was very familiar with it and many of the staff there. My baby happily marched into her classroom without even a nervous glance back at me and happily told me good bye..... I know it is good for her to feel so safe leaving me and that she knows I would see her when school was over, but for some reason I wanted her to miss me just a little bit :-) She said that she missed me when the day was over and was thrilled to tell me all about her day. She was also thrilled to go back to school the next day :-)

Milestone accomplished!

BTW, Aubri and Andy also love school there and it is so nice to have the kids eager to go there to learn! Andy sees Sera at lunch time and plays with her at the noon recess. He is apparently quite the proud big brother and will even stand and push her on the swings. Aubri seems to enjoy being the big sister and collecting them both at the end of the day. I cannot wait until I can return to work to see it all for myself!

1 responses:

Unknown said...

Sera is so grown up now! What a change in such a short amount of time. Hope your knee is mending nicely and you are feeling well. Debra