8/09/2008

My growing girls!

It has always been a struggle to keep Aubri in clothing that fits. She has typically outgrown clothing each season and thinking of re wearing something from fall to fall is unthinkable! For example, last fall I was buying size 10-12 for her and they were a bit loose to allow for growth. As I have tried to buy her school clothes for this fall over the internet, rather than in person as I would prefer, I have discovered that she has basically skipped size 14....Returns are not my favorite thing to do , but I am becoming a pro! She is wearing size 6 in womens shoes and is a 16-18 in gilrs clothes and 1-3 in juniors... My little girl is no longer little... She is on her way to quickly being as tall as me, and probably taller. It is so hard for me to imagine this. Her little feet should still be little, soft and chubby and able to fit in the palm of my hand! After all, she is still my baby :-) I never realized how difficult this is for mothers to accept until it started happening to me too!

I knew when Sera was measured at Shriner's that she had really grown! She has gained 5 lbs and grown 4.5 inches since first coming home to our house! Of course, she has worn little sun dresses and shorts and thinking of putting her in more fitting clothes was not necessary. As I try to figure out her fall wardrobe, I am truly shocked! She basically skipped wearing size 3T! She can wear the 3Tpants, but the shirts are a bit too snug. They fit, but will not fit for long, especially since she seems to be taking after her sister! As tiny as she was ( height wise) when she first came home, I truly thought I was going to have a petite little girl. Nope. While she was significantly delayed in height, as well as other areas, when she came home, she has truly caught up! It really amazes me that she has made so many HUGE gains physically, emotionally, communicatively, and cognitively.

Now if I could only figure out a way to encourage Andy to sit still long enough to eat and put on some weight!! He is growing taller, but honestly, I worry when he dresses up as the skeleton pirate he wants to be for Halloween, it will be way too close to the truth! :-)

0 responses: