12/04/2007

Hockey again- Sera's first game!







Well... my kids convinced me to take them to the local hockey game this past Saturday. Andy loves the games because he can blow a horn and be as loud as he wants AND gets to skate around after the game on many different players' shoulders. He has a blast! Since he had been really trying to help and Aubri also really wanted to go... off we went! Yes.. I was sick but since when has that stopped kids from wanting to have fun?



Did I get photos of Aubri or Andy? Nope... little miss Sera YangYang was running around like a mad woman! She is getting so much better at walking and LOVES it! I was absolutely worn out trying to keep up with her! She even kept trying to run out on the ice while the kids were out skating and a real sweetheart of a player decided to oblige her and took her out to skate in his arms. My kids all had an absolute blast!
BTW....Andy has decided, however, after seeing one of his favorite players get in a fight and banged up a bit that he does not want to be a "skating guy " and get hurt! He really doesn't like it when they are pushed up against the wall and pushed from the back with the sticks and worries that this would hurt their "bottoms"! He does however still want to see all his favorite hockey players and tell them that they should not fight! Hmmmm.... I wonder what the coaches would think of that, since they are the ones telling them to fight! I haven't figured out how to explain this piece to him at all so am just going to go with his thoughts... "They are big guys and should know better!" They make much more sense!

Yes... we came home and Aubri, Sera and I were sick Sunday and Monday. We saw our wonderful Dr, who saw us all at once, and Sera and Aubri just have a cold and needed decongestants. I will eventually have a voice back and be feeling better after a round of antibiotic.... Oh well, there is the fact that I WILL eventually feel better!! I really would like Sera to know her mommie when she actually feels like a human being! :-) I truly cannot imagine what she thinks about me, even though she has been so sweet, happy and endearing! At some point maybe we will find out!!
Even feeling tired and not so spiffy and pretty clueless how to answer Andy's questions, I could not be happier!! Hockey ( allowable noise and chaos) and kids still = a good mix for family fun!

2 responses:

Anonymous said...

Sera, well I guess all of your kids, look fabulous!!! She looks so happy and I am so happy for her! It is just so amazing to see what the love of a family can do for a child. She is such a sweetie! I sure hope you are feeling better soon. Hang in there!

Rhonda Kelly (Jade's mom)

Pling&Plong said...

Thanks a lot for the pics, wonderful to see them! She is SO cute!