12/13/2007

Immense grattitude

I work at the best school in the US of A, which pretty much makes it the best on the planet!

Our K-2 classes tonight did a program about a Martian Christmas, and it was priceless. I have photos, but once again, I cannot find the cable. ( I think I have a cable boggart, as Aubri would say!) Andy wanted to wear his Chinese clothing, because " I am an Earthling, Mommie, and Chinese people live on the Earth!" He is learning so much!! He is learning academics and good values too. His teachers are his idols and her is always coming home telling me new things he has learned, but I was very surprised to hear him say this and understand that his China is on the same planet earth as we are here. It fills my heart with joy to know that he is once again proud to be Chinese and American! He has come such a long way this past year and a half. He is happy, loves to learn and wants to be making good choices. He will help make the world a better place, as will the other kids he is learning with! I could not ask for anything more! I think those Martians would agree that our school is the BEST!

Before the program, however, the staff threw Sera a "baby" shower and spoiled her with all of her favorite things. Yes... absolutely beautiful clothes, necessities and a Dora doll! She is so excited about having things that belong to her! She loves clothes! She was so thrilled to open the packages! I was so worried about it overwhelming her, but this child loved being the center of attention! I know many in the adoption world would will be a bit critical about my having let her attend and participate with all the over stimulation, but it was so wonderful to see her bask in the positive attention! She was so truly happy!

She is also going to be the best dressed little girl in town, too! She went to bed tonight with her doll and 4 of her shirts... That is what she insisted on after coming home from the program really frustrated that she couldn't stay there and run around all night. This child absolutely loved the gym and all the noise and that she could run from us and we would chase her so that we didn't lose her!! I spoiled it all by insisting that we go home and get ready for bed... She was totally exhausted and once she crawled in the bed next to Aubri, she was OUT!! She held the shirts in her arms like a snuggle blanket and while sucking her thumb and holding the doll. She did not bang around to go to sleep! Now, I do know that she may wake and have a difficult night with all the stimulation today, but seeing her lying there so content was extra special and worth all the slaps she gave me while bringing her home from the program and any crying she might do tonight!

At the baby shower, Andy was trying very hard to be helpful and Aubri was so very proud of her little sister and being able to share her with the teachers there. She told me, "Mom, Sera is worth more than her weight in gold isn't she?" I had to agree! I also think they all are worth so much more than their weight in gold! I am so blessed with super kids!!

I was also so gigantically overwhelmed ( in a POSITIVE way, NOT at all like with all the trouble in China) at how wonderful the staff in my school are.... Not only did they spoil Sera and treat her like the true little princess she is.... they spoiled me too... ( * as I type there are tears streaming down my face...) They bought me a new I Pod.... I had really felt pretty stupid having lost mine, especially since I lost it with those dratted passports and visas. It had been a gift from my dad and being the geek that I am, I had really enjoyed it. Even though really did miss it and grieve its loss, I knew in my heart that with the help of all the lessons put in my path and prayers being said while we were there, I truly had brought home the most important things. I have truly been so grateful for my US citizenship and that the Lord was with us in helping us get the Visas and coming home safely, that it helped me put into perspective what are truly the most important things... I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I desperately need need these amazing little people in my life and can easily do without whatever comes along in life, as long as they are safe and sound. But....... just knowing that these wonderful people cared about me, ME........, a nobody, who makes crazy and goofy mistakes daily and can never get everything done that needs to be done and who is totally new to their school, enough to help me unwind at the end of the day this way is WAY more than I can wrap my mind around right now. I am so completely and deeply touched!!

I can honestly say that this journey to Sera has brought more amazingly wonderful people into my life than I could have ever imagined! So many people have prayed for her, helped with financial aspects of adopting her, been wonderful support for my dad, listening ears for me, cheerleaders for Sera, advocates for her medical care, supports for my children as they adjust to new roles in the family, etc.. I cannot begin to express the absolute gut felt, immense gratitude I feel for each and every one!

So right now, I may just write THANK YOU to each and every one of you! Please know, however, that it is MUCH, MUCH MORE than that!!

1 responses:

Amy said...

I'm so happy to see how great you are doing. I'm posting it on my blog. I hope you do not mind.