12/20/2007

JungoDa JungoDa!

A few days ago I asked my friend Arina to help me learn how to say "dirty" so that when YangYang insists on eating things she has dropped on the floor or keeping her dirty clothes in her drawers, I can explain why I am asking her to give them up.... She seems to be afraid that she won't get anything again.... Very sad, but it is just something she will have to learn in time. She laughs and giggles each morning when I give her clean clothes and is so excited to get dressed every day, so I think she will eventually learn that we always have clean clothing and that lollipops can be replaced!

In any case it sounds something like " zong", with the tone high at the end, like ringing a gong. I was trying to be funny with YangYang because her pullup was wet and started singing "YangYang zhang, YangYang zhang" to the tune of Jingle bells.

She stared at me in absolute horror and I was sure I said something horribly wrong! How on earth would I figure out what I had said?!!

She then loudly said and then sang to me, perfectly in tune with what I had just sung, "No, Nonnie, JungoDa., JungoDa, Jungo,Jungo Da!" ( This is her best ability to pronounce JingleBells, which she evidently has already learned to sing with us!)

Duh, silly Mommie!! I was singing the WRONG words!

It did sound very Chinese, but was definitely a great attempt at English! Who knows what it means in Chinese!! She is also humming to Silent Night in perfect pitch with what we are singing! I will bet that I hear a Chinese sounding version of that SOON!

Yep..... that MR piece is really holding her back!!

NOT!!

0 responses: