12/24/2007

Merry Christmas!










Our Christmas eve has been spent putting up our little Christmas tree.... which I haven't had time to do before today!! Usually we put it up right after Thanksgiving, but this year has been a bit different :-) School has kept us very busy once I got to feeling better and trying to play catch up has been the name of the game. I am so behind on so many things, but Santa will come tomorrow and we will have the next 2 weeks off from school, so I will get caught up. I hope!!

We went and saw Santa today also and made sure he knows what the kids want. Andy is wanting a Smart Cycle and Lincoln logs, Aubri wants an American Girl doll and a DS game and Sera wants Dora :-) Sera was so excited to wear her Christmas clothes and made sure I put as many bows in her hair as possible. It was so cute when she showed Santa her hair and smiled and nodded at him to show him she approved :-) She did not want to sit in his lap, but was quite happy to sit on the bench while Aubri held her. Andy was so excited he could not sit still for anything. He was literally bouncing around! Santa had to hang on to him! This year he understands that Santa brings the presents to celebrate Jesus's birthday. Last year he thought that Santa's name was Christmas and really had no clue why there were presents! :) I know that is how Sera is seeing it this year. She loves the sparkles and lights, but has to be wondering what they are all for and why we had to sit with another grandpa in a red suit. She called Santa, da ye ye... or big grandpa. She waved good by to him and blew him a kiss. It was very cute! I bought photos, but at this late moment, I haven't got them scanned in...

I am letting the kids get their Christmas pj's on and then we are decorating cookies for Santa. Then we are going to go read the Christmas story and the little ones put to bed. Then Aubri is going to watch them while I go make sure the Santa gifts get put where they can be found easily in the am. Aubri has been such a good helper. I know Santa will remember how much she has grown up this year.... I hope he doesn't get as teary as I do when I stop to think about how excited she was for Santa to come when she was 3... It really was just yesterday...

It could not be a nicer evening! It has already been filled with Andy's bouncing around and giggles of glee, Sera's singing and exploring everything that is not tied down and Aubri trying so hard to get them to both calm down to get ready to get the cookies done! I think I am needed again! ( Sera has put on one of Aubri's shirts as a skirt and it is stuck !)

We hope that this season finds you enjoying health, happiness and love!

Merry Christmas!!

0 responses: