8/25/2009

Huh??? Do I know my name??? Let me think....

If you think your day was wild.... This might make you feel better!

I was 2 paras short staffed. All my students were at school. ALL of them... including the ones who had not slept well last night and who were cranky bears....

I actually rode in a school bus to the library and back with the heater on full blast and the windows open because the driver truly did not know how to turn it to air conditioner... It was on red and on number 4...... I tried to explain it to him and it went right over his head. He insisted it was right. I gave up!! We did make it back to school safely though. We were just all VERY hot and sweaty!! It was a good excuse or popsicles though!

Then a sub para quit because he saw student in the break room, when a "vampire" para ( since he thought that my regular staff and I were all vampires) was taking the student with her to make a copy. It infringed on his duty free lunch.... Poor guy! NOT! I never even made it to the bathroom all day, let alone eat lunch and definitely NOT student free, because I was responsible for them not just sitting and watching someone else take care of them.... He was ranting something about Lizzie Borden before this and I had tuned him out.... I never even knew what had truly offended him, since I had sent him out for another break to make up for what he thought he lost and then discovered he had stormed out. I guess I was in a confrontation without even knowing it.... Not good at all.

My sweetie Sera had a tough day and her heart was heavy when she came home and could let it all out.

I need a drink and I DON'T drink:-)

So... I am just going to laugh about the crazy stuff, share it to hopefully let someone know their day might have not been s bad as they thought, maybe make someone smile, hug my sweet little one and PRAY for saner day tomorrow!!!!

2 responses:

ourchinagirls said...

Marian,

It must be the phase the moon is in. Quite a few odd things happening at work for me too! Unfortunately, Lizzie Borden and her friends didn't show up or any vampires. Hey! Wait a minute! We actually do have "blood suckers" at work! Yikes!! I better get out the garlic!!

Hope the week gets better for you!!

~~Hugs~~
Christie

Deb said...

LOL Poor Marian! Here's hoping for a much better day tomorrow-- no vampires, a room full of happy, well rested children, and 2 or 3 energetic, compassionate paras eager to go the extra mile ;-)