11/10/2007

Food!

* Please excuse my typos.... I normally type badly and always invert letters, drop them etc... Typing with exhaustion and in the dark seems to be making it worse....

Here are a few more photos of dinner. Aubri was painting her face with the sauce rather than eating it :-) Not intentional, but chopsticks and big chunks of food is not our normal method of eating! She is doing great! I managed, but will be so happy to have a fork when I get home!! It's amazing how the little things we don't think of are really things we should be thankful for!!

No.... we did not eat the food from the street! I just took some photos of it! YangYang would have happily obliged though! She was pointing at all of it! We ate meat and veggies boiled in sauces. One was really spicy, which Aubri and I both really liked and the other was very bland. Then once we took your tidbit out of the boiling pot with chopsticks, we were suposed to dip it in a sesame sauce in a bowl in front of us. Very tricky stuff for someone struggling with the chopsticks!! We did eat well though, so I guess we are improving!!!

1 responses:

Liz and Ava said...

Found your blog from "Catching Butterflys". Your Sera is just beautiful! I brought my daughter home from China in April 2007, and she too had a cleft lip/palate. She had her lip repaired in July and is booked at the end of the month for the palate. We too got alot of people staring in China! To add to the fact that Ava had a cleft, many of the people from Inner Mongolia, where she is from have never seen Caucasian people so they probably would have stared anyway! We were fortunate to not be on the receiving end of any negative comments though.
Hoping Sera has an easy transition once home with her family and that people there aren't as cruel.
You are welcome to check out my blog if you'd like to see before and after pictures...it's amazing what plastic surgeons today can do.
Go to the July archives.