11/17/2007

Last days in China!

I love the parks in China, even if we had a major disaster in one of them! So does Aubri. The Chinese people really do use them and appreciate them. They have beautiful parks and they are truly places to be enjoyed. We took these few photos in the park in Guangzhou. I will try to upload more, but cannot access the blog right now. Yes, that little one is learning to be potty trained, Chinese style! We saw this often and I just had to grab a shot to share! The mom didn't mind! She was very nice!

We are in Beijing getting ready to leave for HOME today!! Our wonderful guide Christina took us to a mall yesterday, after we arrived here so that Aubri could shop for the video game she was wanting, and had been saving her money for. Malls in China are so different than what we enjoy at home!! I was bumped and pushed so many times that there was no way to count! Too many people, not enough space!! I like to barter so I did enjoy walking away from the people screaming lower and lower prices for things I never intended to buy in the first place :-) It was cheap entertainment! I also picked Aubri up a pair of jeans, dirt cheap, which are much like jeans her beloved Maggie wears. I did not take my camera and I really wish I had . Most especially to capture the look on Aubri's face when she needed to try the jeans on behind a piece of cloth held by the salesgirls!!

We saw Maggie in the evening and she took Aubri out to dinner. A special dinner just for her. We truly do love Maggie. She and Christina and XiXi from our last trip have made the less pleasant parts of our journeys so much nicer. They truly are good people.

I was not feeling well last night. I think the exhaustion from this trip and the adrenaline needed to keep me going has run out. I am better this morning after a good nights sleep and started taking the antibiotic I brought. I will keep it up and hopefully be able to sleep some on the plane. Sera is good while riding, just not so happy when we board and disembark. She is a terror then... slapping at me the entire time! Oh, the stories we will have for her as she gets older ! :-) It scares her immensely not knowing where we are going.....

Sera YangYang is loving having Christina again. She truly does love her, since she did not care too much for the guides in GZ. She liked them, but she is very attached to Christina. It may just be that Christina has been with her more, but she has been so kind to her and helped her immensely with all the confusion. I believe Christina will be Sera's "Maggie" figure and a very good part of our memories in China.

I will try to upload a few more photos, but my next post on how Sera is doing will be from HOME!! I am so relieved to be able to say that!!!


Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

1 responses:

Denna said...

I have enjoyed following your journey. I know you can't wait to be home. I don't know if XiXi is the same lady we had, but we had a XiXi for our guide and she was so wonderful.