11/09/2007

Priceless!!

We got a few hours sleep and feel much better! Yang Yang loves to rock herself while she sleeps and Mommie got less sleep trying mke sure she did not roll off the bed.... finally I decided to make her a pallet on the floor and slept from 2 am to 7 am!!! Yeah!! It is amazing how just a few hours sleep makes you fell so much better!! Aubri slept like a rock and had no idea why Sera YangYang was on the floor and she though I did n't want Yang Yang to sleep with her and was quite put out with me until I explained that I had put her in with me when I saw how much she was rocking and then had to opt for the floor to keep her from getting hurt and let me sleep a bit. We are going to start out the night that way tonight!!

We goofed off in the room too long this am and missed the buffet, but Yang Yang was thrilled to eat a corn sausage, a piece of watermelon from my neighbors, some mashed potatoes, a fruit cereal bar , some sweet potato crisps, and a cup of yougurt!! I wonder if she has eaten well lately, because she is eating as if she were starving..... I am letting her have what she wants right now, since it is good for bonding, but we may have to be pretty strict about portions when we get home. This is going to be tricky with Andy not wanting to eat much due to his meds!!

She is truly totally potty trained!!! Enough to clog up the stool and make housekeeping put out :-) Like I said, this little girl has been EATING!

We are heading out in a bit to go change money in a bit. I am dreading leaving the room almost, because when we went out for breakfast, or not, a few people smiled at Yang Yang and two really made disgusted faces at her. One lady even said something out loud and Yang Yang teared up and hid her face in Aubri.... I am sure we will face the same things at home too, though.

But just take a look at this sweetie!! If people can't see her beauty, I truly do feel sorry for them! Her smile is pricless!!

3 responses:

Anonymous said...

We had issues like that with Maddie Jun too. We finally found if James put her on his shoulders while we were out she felt safe and secure in the crowds. It was like she was enough out of everyone's line of sight that their comments either didn't reach her ears or they didn't make as many. When we were in crowds and she was being held the person holding her would face her towards them and engage her in conversation while the other one of us stood between her and the staring people. It's hard with a SN child who is old enough to understand what is being said. But every now and then we would get comments from people that would leave Maddie Jun BEAMING. Those were wonderful, positive comments from the locals about how beautiful she was. We constantly told her how much we loved her and how beautiful she was and though she might not have understood us, I think it helped buffer the negative comments some.

Congrats on your precious daughter!

Marjorie

Amy said...

She does beam! I'm sorry you are facing these comments. I think it's basically better to spend as much time as you can in the room. It's better for bonding too. I don't think the people back home will be as rude. The Chinese don't think its rude to tell you what they think. We live in Germany, and my 14 year old daughter has a Chinese class mate who is always rude...or just very straight to your face telling you what she thinks. Who asked? There is no "if you can not say anything nice don't say anything at all"! I think she is a bright light and a total joy!

- Amy Heymann
we adopted Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing in April
also with IAAP

tiffany said...

I dont know how they could miss her BEAUTY. Really. She is lovely. We had some of the same stuff when we were there on our most recent trip for our son and his special needs are not even noticable. Very different than when we traveled previously for our non special needs daughters. Weird. But soon you will be home with your little treasure.

Best wishes to you and your lovely family. :)