7/21/2009

CT done!

Sera had her CT scan done this am. It had to be done twice to get the right information requested by Shriner's and since when Sera had already started to wake up from her first dose of ketamine, she had to be put under again. I had wanted her to use the gas she had for her first CT, but the Dr liked to use ketamine and said it was less invasive. It was a shot, which she hated :-( Our day has been spent trying to help her wake up without letting her fall and hurt herself. The medication has not wanted to leave her system and I know that I will not let her have that med again. Poor baby has been like a drunken sailor most of the day. She is now able to walk around without falling, but she is still very quiet and not her bouncy little self yet.

I wonder if this is a warning for what might happen when she has that long surgery on Monday...... Please keep her in your prayers!!

This looks good compared to how she looked the first 2 hours.... She was waving her arms around and batting my face like a baby. Nothing worked right for her and she would just topple over. She was a floppy headed newborn for the longest time while waving her arms reflexively. They kept telling me that she was looking at her rings. I knew better... She was not even looking in their direction. It broke my heart. Next CT scan, I am only going to let them give her a little bit of gas to calm her, nothing else!!!

2 responses:

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

Praying that all goes well for Sera on Monday!!! As a mother its so scary to watch our children go thru these things. Praying that God will also comfort you!

Blessings,
Robin

2China4Ayla said...

Marian - I will be praying. I am know it will be so difficult on your heart. Please let us all know as soon as possible how she is. I will be in NC pacing and praying!