7/29/2009

Photos!












These photos were taken the day of surgery. The last glimpse of the sweet little mouth we first fell in love with! I will always love this little face!!

We got home safely last night. Sera slept well on my bed with me, spinning in circles as she slept, BUT she never touched her face!! I know because I watched her all night and am soooo tired this am. Oh well! We need those stitches to all stay in place!

She is still very much her spunky little self. She was waving goodbye and telling all the passengers on the plane last night good bye, while copying the stewardesses. She was so precious!! Everyone was laughing and smiling as they got off the plane! I keep looking at her and thinking I have someone else's child with us... She thinks she is a different little girl now and needs a new name. She told the team at Shriner's that she wanted to be called " cute little muffin girl with sprinkles on top"! She definitely is a cute little muffin! We will be working on helping her learn to recognize herself.

Here is what you really want :-)
When I first saw her. I wasn't sure she was mine... Then she started rocking and I was sure!



So sweet!!!!! She still has her dimples!!!




She loved riding around the hospital in this car!! I couldn't get her to stay still for a photo though!



In the airport. She wanted to go home NOW!! She also decided that she did not want photos... I am going to have to be sneaky to get her to let me take her photo for a while, until she gets used to her new look!


When the swelling goes down, this little grin will be so sweet! It won't gather crowds to stare. This old mom is just going to miss her wide smile and will always treasure the times I was blessed to be able to share it with her!

3 responses:

Karrie said...

She looks wonderful!
But I, too, will miss her beautiful old smile.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Karrie in IN

Barb P. said...

Amazing. The swelling going down will make a huge change. We will all miss the look we saw first in her sweet face! Hope the healing goes well and quickly!

Unknown said...

She sure is a delight. I'll miss her old smile, too, but can't wait to see her new one when the stitches are out and the swelling has gone down. She never would have had any surgery or the other opportunities you have given her in China. God has a marvelous plan for her life and you are the catalyst making it happen. What a testimony!