7/17/2009

A fitting quote to live by


Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denials into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow. - Melody Battine

'Found this quote somewhere online and copied it to my files, but for the life of me I cannot find where it came from. I found it by chance again today, with a bit of Guidance, I am sure.

While the kids and I actually cried today as we took our belongings out of our mangled car, and I was frustrated calling in the claims and coping with the arrangements for it to be evaluated and eventually - I could not help by cry in relief that I was not making funeral arrangements.

BIG difference!!!

We are definitely grateful this quote popped out at me and are going to make every effort to live it. Each time I start to feel vengeful and angry about our car situation and our aches and pains today, simply remembering that I have my kids and the abilities to regroup, I must be thankful! We all need some peace.... The fear and frustration have been more chaotic than we could imagine and we really need to move forward into the next week of Dr appointments and surgeries with some order and a sense of calm...

I am sadly being very human and am having to remind myself constantly of how blessed we are since I am not doing so well at forgiveness..... I know that must also come for us to all move on .

1 responses:

Deb said...

OMG Marian! How incredibly scary. I'm so glad everyone is ok, and you are holding on to your gratitude, and your sanity.

*hugs* to you and your beautiful kiddos, especially to brave and wonderful Aubri