7/31/2009

Adjustments

Bad Mom!!! There was still an electrode hiding under her armpit!! I showered her and never saw it until tonight!!!



Isn't that a gorgeous profile?

Caramel Dancing in the car!


It's crazy how a little girl can have such major life altering surgery and be understandably uneasy about her new appearance one moment and then just forget all about it and be the same sweet and spunky little monkey she has always been the next moment. Even when it has to be painful! It may be hard to understand, but it is definitely where Sera is at right now. I was so glad to see her enjoy being with good friends to night!! I am adjusting to her new looks too! ( I could easily be on the autism spectrum with how much I dislike change with certain things in my life....) However, changing my precious little doll was the right thing to do, I know. She knows it too. I think she is beginning to like her new looks too. She was a "fashionista" again tonight and was flirting and teasing just like before!

Dr. Patel and the others did such an amazing job! I am in absolute awe at Shriner's gift to this little girl. It definitely is going to change her life in so many good ways. We may be adjusting inside longer than I think it is going to take for these stitches to heal! The swelling is really going down quickly and it is not bleeding as much as they told me it would either. I think both Sera and I better adjust FAST!! Somehow, I will bet that she beats me, though!

2 responses:

ourchinagirls said...

I think your same girl is still in there. She will just continue to blossom more now. It amazes me how kids can "take a lickin' and keep on tickin'" I was down and out for at least a week with my thyroid surgery...and look how Sera has bounced back! My girls have been reading your blog with me and have been asking me when we get to play with you again!!

~~Hugs~~
Christie

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

Sera's lip looks great!!! I'm bracing myself for Mia's hand surgery. Such mixed feelings about changing who she is and worrying about how she will handle her extra digits being gone.

Have a great week!
Blessings,
Robin